This article is intended for Salesforce administrators responsible for installing and configuring the Language I/O Chat add-in for automated chat translation.
Installation of the Language I/O App for Live Agent
- Contact Language I/O Support at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your info entered into our database. You will be sent your Language I/O Consumer ID. This will be used later in the process. Be sure to identify yourself and your company.
- Create a user for Language I/O to use to push back translations. Administrator level is easiest for setup purposes, but minimum requirements are as follows in the screenshot. Language I/O will need to be provided the username, password, and security token for this user.
- Install the package from the latest URL below depending on whether you are using a Sandbox or Production org. Begin by logging into the instance of Salesforce you wish to use. Visit the install link in the same browser and select "Install for all users".
- Sandbox org:
- Production org:
4. To setup secure settings for the plugin add a new visualforce tab that will only be used by an Administrator in initial setup. Navigate to Setup -> Create -> Tabs and enter the information shown below.
5. Add a new Visualforce tab called LinguistNow_SecureSettings using the LinguistNow_SecureLiveAgentsSettings Visualforce page.
6. Next, add this tab to your tab layout (as an administrator).
7. Finally, navigate to this tab and fill out the entries as provided by Language I/O. The Url will be https://golinguist.com/linguistnow/resources/
The settings are one-way entry and will disappear after saving. This is expected. After verifying that the product is working, this process can be undone to remove existence of the tab, as these settings will only be entered once.
In this section we will describe a few ways in which the system can detect the customer's language so it can be properly set in the chat session. One of these options must be enabled to ensure accurate translation between the customer's language and the agent's language. Language I/O detects the agent's language via the logged-in user's profile language. The customer's language can be set via one of the below options.
Option 1: Chat Button Language Setting
Create a Chat Button that is automatically passed the customer's language to drive the language of the chat session for the customer.
- To enable this method: Navigate to Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > LinguistNowLiveAgentSettingsPublic. Click "[Manage]".
- Turn on the "LinguistNowUseChatButtonLanguage checkbox in the public settings for LinguistNow Live Agent, per below.
- Also, note the LinguistNowIncludeOriginalText checkbox option in these settings. If checked, the original pre-translation English in the chat will be visible to the customer as well as the translation.
Option 2: Browser Language Setting
If LinguistNowUseChatButtonLanguage is left unchecked, the chat plugin will assume the language of the customer's browser. This is useful in cases where chat comes from one area without a specified language.
6. Ensure the Language I/O server is added to the safe servers list in Setup > Administer > Security Controls > Remote Site Settings. Add "https://golinguist.com" to remote sites
7. Add the control to a console app page by going to Setup > Build > Create > Apps then editing a console app you want to contain the live agent plugin in. Then going to the LiveAgent section and adding the LinguistNow Chat VisualForce page.