Language I/O Chat allows you to converse in real-time with customers who speak a different language. All incoming and outgoing messages are automatically translated. The add-in replicates a variety of OSC features, such as undocking, standard text, font resizing, and variables. It also adds new features, such as language color-coding, custom language locales, and a special incident which displays all translated and untranslated messages.
Here's how it works:
1. Say you receive a chat. You can tell from the interface listed (in this case opn_languageio_de) that the customer is speaking a different language. Navigate to the "LinguistNow Chat" or "Language I/O Chat" (depending on version) tab and load the add-in.
2. The Language I/O Chat add-in will automatically translate any messages from the customer that have already been received. The customer and agent languages are displayed in different colors for easier reading. These colors can be changed by the agent (shown in step #14).
3. To reply to the message in your native language, simply type the message and click "Send" as you usually would, making sure that the "Translate" option is checked.
4. The message will be translated in real-time and both versions of the message will automatically display in the transcript portion. As you can see, you can use OSC variables (in this example, $contacts.name.first) and they will be automatically replaced with their proper values in the translation.
5. If you have content which does not need to be translated, or is already translated, you can send it without changing back to the "Engagement" tab - simply uncheck the "Translate" option before clicking "Send".
6. The font size can be changed using the "plus" and "minus" buttons for easier reading.
7. The add-in can also be undocked into a separate window and resized, moved to another monitor, etc.
8. Standard Text can be accessed by using the "F8" key to display the Standard Text Hotkey popup, which allows you to insert Standard Text using predefined shortcuts from OSC.
9. If you would like to view the conversation from the perspective of the customer, you can switch back to the "Engagement" tab at any time and only the customer-language messages will be visible.
10. After the conversation has ended, most functionality will be disabled, but the agent will still be able to scroll through the transcript and view previous messages.
11. If CombineIncidentsAfterChat is enabled, the Language I/O translations can be pushed into the OSC incident and viewed along with the official transcript in the Incident's Messages tab.
12. If CombineIncidentsAfterChat is disabled, there will be two incidents: an OSC created incident with the chat transcript as seen by the customer (in red above) and a Language I/O incident which displays the transcript as individual threads with translations for each message in private notes (also visible above).
You will be able to access them using the Related Incidents tab in your Incident Workspace, or via Reports on "Customer Language Chat Conversation" and "Translated Chat Conversation".
13. Even if you do not have alternate-language interfaces installed on your OSC site, you can still use Lanugage I/O Chat! After we have set up the languages you need, the customer will be able to select their language from a drop-down menu in the chat launch page (see step #14). If they fail to do this, you will be able to select the appropriate customer language after receiving the chat, before loading the add-in.
For information about installing and configuring Language I/O Chat, please view our installation guide.