This article is intended for Oracle Service Cloud administrators responsible for installing and configuring the Language I/O Chat add-in for automated chat translation. Additional configuration must be completed by your Language I/O Representative to connect you with translation providers.
1. Import the LNThread Object and Incident Relationships
The import zip contains the LNThread Custom Object, which holds translation information, and the relationship between the OSC Incident and the Language I/O Incident created by the chat.
1. Download the LNCustomObjectsImport.zip file attached to this article.
2. Navigate to Configuration -> Database -> Object Designer.
3. Click "Import" on the Home Ribbon and import the .zip file.
4. Click "Save", then "Deploy". The object may take a while to deploy.
2. Add the LinguistNow Status Field
1. Navigate to Configuration -> Database -> Custom Fields and select Incident.
2. Create a new custom field and configure it as shown.
3. Install the LinguistNow Chat Add-In
1. Navigate to Configuration -> Site Configuration -> Add-In Manager.
2. Install LinguistNow_Chat.zip
3. Log out and back in to Oracle Service Cloud.
Optional Step: Import Chat Incidents Report
(This step is only required if CombineIncidentsAfterChat is disabled.)
1. Download the attached report.
2. Navigate to Analytics -> Reports Explorer -> New Report and import and save the report.
Optional Step: Set Up Custom Locales
(This step is only required if you are using custom locales.)
1. Navigate to Configuration -> Database -> Custom Fields.
2. Create a new incident field and set it up as shown, adding all desired languages.
3. Mouse over each language and record its ID. We will need a list of all Languages and IDs to set up translation vendors.
4. In Step 5, set Site_IncidentLocaleField to the name that you chose for the custom locale field.
5. In Step 5, set Translation_SupportLocale to the ID value you recorded for your agent's language.
4. Update Workspaces
In this step we will add the Language I/O Chat add-in to a Chat workspace.
Warning: The profile(s) you use to edit any workspace with Language I/O Chat must have the Add-In enabled from the Add-In Manager. If a profile that does not have Language I/O Chat is used to edit the workspaces, the add-in will be removed without prompting.
1. Navigate to Configuration -> Application Appearance -> Workspaces / Workflows and find or copy the desired workspace.
2. Create a new tab. Drag in your Language field from Home -> Fields -> Incident Fields. Add the Language I/O Chat Add-In into the tab from Insert Control -> Agent Desktop Add-Ins.
3. In the Home -> Workspace Properties -> Options menu, set the incident options as shown in the image below.
4. Save this workspace and assign it to the relevant profiles.
5. (Only if Config_CombineIncidentsAfterChat is disabled) Copy the desired Incident workspace and add a new tab. From "Insert Control", drag in a report. On the "Design" tab, click "Report" and set the report to the one we imported previously.
6. (Only if using Custom Locales) Add the LinguistNowLocale field to the chat workspace.
5. Grant Profile Permisisons
1. Navigate to Configuration -> Staff Management -> Profiles and for each necessary profile, update the chat workspace. Then navigate to Permissions and check "Select All" next to "Public SOAP API". Under "Custom Objects", select all permissions for LNThread. In the "Service" tab, the agent will need the ability to Read, Add/Edit, and Respond to incidents, and they will need permission to handle chats.
2. You will also need to assign the appropriate chat queues to them; this is not covered because it will depend on your particular setup.
6. Set the Server Configuration Properties
You only need to do this for the interface(s) that your agent logs into.
1. Navigate to Configuration -> Site Configuration -> Add-Ins -> LinguistNow_Chat.zip -> Profile Access.
2. For each profile that will use the add-in, enable the add-in and set the relevant Server Configuration Properties as described below. If you are using built-in locales and your agents speak English, only Site_ConsumerId and Site_LinguistNowLogin need to be set manually. Your Language I/O Representative should have sent you a partial list of Server Configuration Properties - the rest can be left as their default.
AgentLanguage and CustomerLanguage: These affect the color of the agent and customer language translations of the chat messages. You can use any color name from this list.
CombineIncidentsAfterChat: This lets message translations be added to the chat transcript at the end of the chat. If it is disabled, the translations will be stored in a separate incident (if disabled, complete "Optional Step: Import Chat Incidents Report" above).
LegacyConsoleMode: This is a workaround for combining/relating the chat transcripts for agents using the Legacy Console. Only check this option if the agents are using the Legacy Console. Use of the Enhanced Console is strongly suggested because the Legacy Console is deprecated.
All Site properties are unique to your OSC instance and must be set the same for every profile. Using different values for these will prevent Language I/O Chat from working.
ConsumerId and LinguistNowLogin: Your Language I/O Representative will set these values for you, or tell you what they should be.
IncidentLocaleField: This should be left as default if you are using built-in locales. Otherwise, see "Optional Step: Set Up Custom Locales" above.
LinguistNowUrl: This should be left as https://golinguist.com/linguistnow/resources/ unless otherwise directed.
PreferredType: Currently, machine is the only option available for chat.
SupportLocale: This represents the language that the agent speaks. If you are using Oracle's locales, and your agent speaks English, this value will be 1. If your agent speaks another language and you do not know its ID, contact your Language I/O Representative. If you are using custom locales, see "Optional Step: Set Up Custom Locales" above.
7. Testing Chat
To safely test chat in production without receiving customer chats, please see this walkthrough.
Chat Version 1.1.2