This article is intended for Oracle Service Cloud administrators responsible for installing and configuring the LinguistNow Response add-in for automated ticket translation.
Add the LinguistNow Status Field to Incidents
In this section we will create a custom field that is required by LinguistNow for the storage of Incident translation status. This field is associated with the Incident, not with individual Incident Threads. It will contain the translation status of the thread most recently sent for translation. Individual thread translation statuses are viewable atop the Thread on the LinguistNow tab.
- Navigate to Configuration =>Database =>Custom Fields and on the right-hand side under Custom Fields select Incident.
- Click on the New button in the Home Ribbon.
- In the Name field provide a description such as LinguistNow Status.
- Under Data Type select the Text Field option.
- In the Column Name field enter "ln_status" without quotes. Note that if the text is not entered exactly as provided here, LinguistNow Response will not work.
- Leave the check boxes unchecked. Notes and description are optional.
- Under Data Details select Plain Text.
- Leave Default Value and Mask empty.
- Under Size of Field enter 64.
- Under Interface Visibility make it visible to agent profiles who will be using the LinguistNow add-in.
- Click on the Save & Close button in the Home Ribbon and agree to the terms in the dialog that pops up. Note that a custom field can take time to process depending upon your installation. Some of the subsequent steps can not be completed until this field has been successfully added to your database.
Upload and Deploy the LinguistNow Custom Object Definition
In this section we will upload the definition files for a custom object that is required by LinguistNow for the storage of translation-related threads that are displayed only on the LinguistNow tab.
- Save the LNThread_1-2.zip file attached to this article somewhere on your local machine.
- Navigate to Configuration => Database => Object Designer.
- Click on the Import button in the Home Ribbon, browse to the zip file you just downloaded from this article and select Next.
- In the dialog that displays, make sure the LNThread item is selected and click on Next and agree to any subsequent prompts.
- Once the definition is imported, you will see a linguistnow package appear under the Custom Objects list in the underlying screen.
- Select Deploy in the Home Ribbon and agree to all prompts. Note that the deployment process can take time and you'll need to wait until it completes before you can use LinguistNow.
Install the LinguistNow Response Add-In Zip
In this section we will upload the LinguistNow Response add-in into your Oracle Service Cloud instance and apply privileges to the profiles of agents who need to translate Incident content.
- Navigate to Configuration => Site Configuration => Add-In Manager and click on the New icon in the Home Ribbon. You will be prompted to upload the LinguistNow Response add-in .zip file that is provided to you by your Language I/O project manager.
- Once the add-in is uploaded, select the Profile Access button in the Home Ribbon and grant profile-level and interface-level permissions according to who will need to use the Incident translation functionality.
- Select the Save & Close button in the Home Ribbon.
- Restart the Agent Desktop application as add-in changes won't register without a restart.
Add LinguistNow Response & Status Field to the Incident Workspace
In this section we will add the LinguistNow Response add-in to the Workspaces for agents who need to translate Incident threads. Secondly, we will add the LinguistNow Status field to the Workspace.
- For each profile that you granted permission when you installed the add-in, open the associated Incident Workspace (Configuration => Application Appearance => Workspaces/Workflows).
- Create a new tab in the Workspace and label it LinguistNow or something that will easily identify the add-in to users.
- While the LinguistNow tab is selected in the Workspace editor, select Insert Control from the file menu.
- Scroll to the far right in the Home Ribbon and find LinguistNow Response [Version] in the Workspace Add-Ins section.
- Drag and drop LinguistNow Response add-in onto the blank tab you just created.
- Click on the Save button.
- Navigate to the tab/area in your Incident Workspace where you will want the LinguistNow translation status field to display to users.
- Select Insert Field in the file menu and find the new LinguistNow Status field in the fields that are displayed.
- Drag the LinguistNow Status field onto the Workspace where you want it to be displayed.
- Click on the Save button.
Add Two New Rules to Workspaces
In this section we will add a rule to each Workspace using LinguistNow that allows LinguistNow to automatically switch over to the Messages tab within the Incident Workspace once the agent's translated response is ready to send. Secondly we will add a button and an associated rule that loads the add-in into the workspace.
- Select Rules in the file menu and click on the Add Rule button in the Home Ribbon if no rules yet exist. If you already have rules, click on the Rules button in the Home Ribbon and select the Add Rule option in the Rules window that is displayed.
- In the Step 1 box of the Trigger tab of the Rules dialog, click on Add next to A Named Event Fires.
- In the Step 2 box select the Add option enter the text "switch_to_messages_tab" (without quotes) and then click OK.
- Click the Next button at the bottom of the Rules dialog until you get to the Then Actions tab.
- In the Step 1 box, click on the Add link next to Focus a tab.
- In the Step 2 box, click Add under This rule will and in the resulting dialog, expand the nodes until you are able to select the Messages tab or whatever the Messages tab is called in your Workspace. You will want this rule to take you to the tab where agents normally enter their responses.
- Click on Next until you are taken to the Properties tab and name your rule something related to LinguistNow so users will recognize it. Then click the Finish button at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click on Insert Control in the file menu, select the button control and drag it down onto the LinguistNow tab, above the blank area where the LinguistNow add-in will display so the button is sitting above it, preferably aligned on the left-hand side.
- You can add label text such as "Load LinguistNow" or use one of the image labels attached to this article. We provide a variety of sizes as well as the photoshop .psd source file so you can resize it yourself.
- Select the button and then select Rules in the file menu.
- Click Add to launch the Rule creation wizard.
- Under Step 1 on the Triggers tab select the Add link next to "A button is clicked."
- Under Sep 2 on the Triggers tab, click on the link beneath "Apply this rule when" and in the dialog that displays, select the LinguistNow button and click on OK.
- Skip to the Then Actions tab and under Step 1, click the Add link next to "Execute an add-in action."
- Under Step 2, click on the link beneath "Then this rule will" and in the dialog that displays, select the LinguistNow Response add-in and in the value field, enter the word "load" without quotes, all lower-case.
- Skip to the Properties tab and give this rule a name such as "LinguistNow Load" or something indicating that this rule loads the add-in.
- Click on the Finish button in the Rules Wizard.
- Click Save & Close in the Workspace editor.
Grant Profiles API and LNThread Custom Object Permissions
In this section we will make sure that all agent profiles that need to use LinguistNow have the correct permissions.
- Open the Configuration => Staff Management => Profiles report and perform the below steps for each profile that will have access to the LinguistNow Response add-in.
- Open the profile editor and select the Permissions button in the Home Ribbon.
- On the Administration tab check the Select All box next to Public SOAP API and also next to Public Knowledge Foundation API.
- Click on the Custom Objects tab and grant all permissions next to the LNThread custom object.
- Click the Save & Close button in the Home Ribbon.
Congratulations! You are now ready to use LinguistNow Response.
Server Configuration Properties
1. Navigate to Configuration => Site Configuration => Add-In Manager => LN_Response.zip => Profile Access => select the relevant profile and interface.
|Server Configuration Property||Possible Values||Functionality|
|AgentCanChangeTranslationType||yes / no||This sets the outgoing translation type for agents. If "yes", the agent can choose whether to translate their message via machine or human. If "no" their outgoing messages will be translated by machine (if TranslationType is set to "machine") or human (if TranslationType is set to "hybrid").|
|AgentCanRequestRetranslation||yes / no||This sets whether the agent can request a human retranslation of incoming customer messages.|
|any color name at from this list||This sets the color of the status bar for each type of message.
AgentMessage - actual messages sent by the agent.
AutomaticMessage - OSC system messages, auto-responders.
CustomerMessage - customer messages and translations
OtherMessage - internal (LinguistNow) messages and translations.
|These settings are specific to your installation, and should only be modified by your LinguistNow Representative.|
|SendContext||yes / no|
|SendEmail||yes / no||This determines whether LinguistNow will automatically send translated agent messages. If yes, clicking "send" on a translation will email it to the customer. If no, clicking "send" will move you to the messages tab so that you can review, modify, and add standard text and articles to the message before sending.|
|TranslationType||machine / hybrid / human||This determines what type of translation LinguistNow will prefer.
machine - machine translation always preferred.
hybrid - machine incoming, human outgoing.
human - human translation always preferred.
Whether the agent can select the un-preferred method will depend on your "AgentCanChangeTranslationType" and "AgentCanRequestRetranslation" options.