Support agents can now answer customer questions in any language without leaving the Salesforce platform thanks to LinguistNow. Following are instructions that allow agents to respond to questions in unfamiliar languages.
- The support agent views her open cases in Salesforce and selects one to respond to.
- The agent decides on the following case. She doesn't speak Italian, however, so she navigates to the Details tab shown below.
- Once here, the agent can use Language I/O's Translate action to translate the question.
- Shortly, a machine-translation of the customer's question will appear. Note that the page may have to be refreshed to see this. Language I/O will also always give the agent the option to retranslate using native human linguists, should the machine-translation be of too poor a quality to understand. This, however, is at the expense of both time and money so rest assured that 99% of the time machine-translations give agents enough of an understanding of the question to be able to answer it accurately.
- Now that the agent can understand the question, she can make her way back to the Feed tab, and select the email option to reply to the customer's original email.
- Note this response has not yet been translated into the customer's own language. The first step to do this is to save the response as a draft.
- Then, she can click the Language I/O Translate button to see the following:
- After refreshing the page the translated answer will appear in the Email tab and can then be sent to the customer.