Getting Started with LinguistNow® Help for Salesforce
LinguistNow® Help is a tool that automates high-quality, human translation of Knowledge Base articles inside Salesforce. It can also be configured to localize cross-article links and links to images and other resources within the translated content. There is no installation required to make it work. Users simply need to perform a few configuration steps, which are described below.
- To start using LinguistNow®, contact us to launch the account setup process on our side. Once we have a contract in place, LinguistNow® will be able to pull your articles for translation and push translations back in with very little fuss.
- Next, follow the Salesforce configuration steps below to enable LinguistNow® to communicate with your Knowledge Base.
Configuring Salesforce for Use with LinguistNow® Help
Create a Translations Queue
The first step is to create a queue to which you will assign all translations. LinguistNow® will receive notifications whenever a translation is assigned to this queue and will then pull from the queue all content that requires translation.
- Navigate to Your Name | Setup | Manage Users | Queues.
- Click on New.
- Set the Label to something intuitive like "Translations Queue." This is the queue or queues to which you will assign translation requests.
- Leave the default value in the Queue Name field. This is the value that will be used by LinguistNow®.
- Enter email@example.com in Queue Email. This is important to alert your project manager at Language I/O that you have submitted a translation request.
- If other users in your system should be notified when translation requests are made, select the Send Emails to Members checkbox.
- Under Supported Objects add Knowledge Article Version to the Selected Objects list.
- Under Queue Members add all users to the Selected Members list who will need to make translation requests.
- Click Save.
Add a Custom Field to Each Article Type
To each article type that will be translated via LinguistNow, you will need to add a custom field where LinguistNow will store date/time data so it knows when the last translation request was made for each article.
- Navigate to Setup=>App Setup => Customize => Knowledge => Knowledge Article Types.
- Here you will see a list of all article types that exist in your org. For each article type that might require translation, perform the following steps.
- Click on the article type name in the Label column.
- Click on the New button atop the list of fields that are part of this article type and set the following values for the new field.
- Set the field type to Date/Time.
- Set the text "APIUploadDate" (without quotes) as the value for both the Field Label and Field Name.
- The Description and Help text can be set to whatever you choose.
- Leave the Required checkbox unchecked.
- Leave the Default Value area empty.
- Select visible and readonly for all profiles.
Define Your Languages
Next you tell Salesforce which languages you want to support. You'll need to select all of the languages for which you want LinguistNow® to translate your articles.
- Navigate to Your Name | Setup | Customize | Knowledge | Settings .
- Click Edit.
- Select Multiple Languages and add the languages you want to include in your Knowledge Base.
- For each language selected, set it to Active and set the Default Assignee to the name of the queue you created in the previous step.
- For each language selected, set the Default Reviewer field to the name of the same queue you created in the previous step.
Provide Knowledge Base Information to Your LinguistNow® Representative
Once you have completed the previous steps, you will need to communicate the following details with us so we can configure LinguistNow® to access your Knowledge Base.
- Login credentials for a Salesforce user with full administrative privileges
- The name of the Salesforce queue that you've created for the assignment of translations
- The name of the Salesforce article type(s) you are using in your Knowledge Base
- The names of the article standard fields and custom fields that required translation for each article type to which you have added the custom field
- Information about cross-article links, image files and other resources so we can configure LinguistNow® to automatically localize these links in your translated articles